This recipe is one of my absolute favourite fish dishes, great as a summer meal but also a very healthy option as it’s grilled in the oven (as opposed to fried). Marinated in a delicious mix of bell peppers, Lazy Garlic and Lazy Ginger and spices, the fish really absorbs all the flavours and tastes amazing with a side of rice, plantain, or sweet potatoes.
Serves 2 people.
Marinating time: 2 hours.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 min on each side.
- 2x Sea bream fish, washed and ready to cook
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh thyme
- 1 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 tea spoon of Lazy Garlic (or 2 cloves of garlic)
- 1 table spoon of Lazy ginger (or 1 table spoon of fresh grated ginger)
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 1 tea spoon of paprika
- 1 tea spoon of white pepper
- Half a tea spoon of sea salt
- Half a tea spoon of black pepper
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Start by washing your fish, (make sure you scale and gut it if not already done).
- Make some incisions in the fish (on each side) to allow the flavours to penetrate the flesh.
- Chop up the onion, the fresh parsley and the bell peppers
- Place the peppers in a blender, alongside the fresh parsley, fresh thyme, salt, pepper, paprika and white pepper, garlic and ginger.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and blend until you get a smooth paste.
- Coat the fish with the paste, make sure you cover the entire fish, including the insides.
- Insert the bay leaves inside the fish (one bay leaf in each fish)
- Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Place under the grill (to very hot) and for 10 minutes on each side.
Note: This is a very delicate fish so take extra precaution when turning it over to grill the other side.