– 500g four-cheese tortellini
– 200g panchetta or bacon
– 1 cup milk
– black peppercorn
– Dried parsley
– Grated cheese (cheddar works well)
– Fry the panchetta until slightly crispy/dark pink
– Make your cheese sauce. Here’s how I make mine: about 30g melted butter, add 1 tablespoon flour, mix until you get a paste, add about 1 cup of milk, and then 1 cup of grated cheddar, keep whisking on low heat, until you get a thick cheese sauce. If not thick enough, add more cheese. Season with salt, black peppercorn and dried parsley.
– Meanwhile, cook the tortelloni according to packet instructions, usually 2-3min in boiling water.
– Place everything into a large oven dish – the tortellini, the cheese sauce, and the panchetta. Stir.
– Sprinkle a handful of grated cheese on top, and bake in the oven at 200°C for 15-20min.