150 plain flour
1 tea spoon of baking powder
50g caster sugar
A pinch of salt
5 table spoons (or 1 cup) of desiccated coconut
Juice from 1/2 lemon
Butter for frying
- In a bow, pour the flour, the baking powder, the sugar, salt, desiccated coconut and stir.
- Add the eggs, the milk and whisk.
- Add the juice from half a lemon, stir. The texture should be heavy and quite lumpy from the coconut. If it’s too runny, add some coconut and stir.
- In a frying pan, melt a bit of butter and set to medium heat.
- When hot, cook your pancakes for 1 minute on each side until golden.
- Serve with fruit, or savoury options e.g. bacon, sausage and egg. Enjoy!